Thursday, May 9, 2013

Little Black Bag


Little Black Bag


Information out of date? Please contact me at reverse.will.cg@gmail.com!

This is the general review page for Little Black Bag. Each time I review one of their bags, it can affect its total score. I will award a score of 1 (awful) through 5 (awesomeness) on each of the following: content, value, uniqueness, shipping, customer service, and perks.

Service Type: LBB is actually a pretty unique service - continue down to "About"!

About: LBB just went through a major rehaul just before I opened my first bag, so my only experience is with the "new" LBB. My first bag is in the process of being sent to me, so as I learn more about the service I'll update my information. Basically you pick an item to open your "bag" - they mainly have handbags/clutches, shoes, makeup, body care, and accessories. Then LBB will give you more items (I think usually two) that are in the same price range as your chosen item. You don't get to see what your other items are until you check out (except for their general category, like "jewelry"). If your mystery items turn out to be duds or uglies, don't worry, that's where the fun part begins! You can trade your unwanted items with other LBB members, and it's actually pretty addicting. You have seven days to trade, but you can tell LBB to ship your items whenever you're ready. You can also add other items from the gallery to your open bag, but you have to pay additional shipping (depending on what you're wanting to get, it may be more cost-effective to just start another bag after you finish with your current one).

Cost (in USD): It depends on how much and what items you buy. Shipping for the contiguous US is $5.95, but you can upgrade shipping if you want. For Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and APO/FPO addresses it is $11.95. For Canada, $15.95.

Shipping From: Not for sure; they have addresses in Los Angeles and NYC. I'll update when I find out.

Shipping Schedule: N/A - They ship shortly after you close your bag.

Countries They Ship To: The US (including APO/FPO), Puerto Rico, and Canada

Bonuses: They have a VIP program where they charge you $9.95 on the 1st of each month, and in return you get $10 credit (woohoo, you gain a whole nickel in credit every time). You can either use it as soon as you get it, or let it add up for a while. VIPs are also supposed to get better discounts and gifts with purchases. There's also a referral program where you can get a free item worth up to $25 in your next bag whenever one of your referrals open their first bags.

Customer Service: N/A - I haven't had to contact customer service.

Individual Bag Reviews: May 2013


Total HM! Score:
Content: So far items are high quality. Value: You can get pretty significant discounts on products, although it's possible to get stuck with things you don't really want. Uniqueness: I've never run into another site like LBB (if you have, let me know!! Or maybe you shouldn't for my own sake =) ). Shipping: 5 Items arrive as expected with the shipping speed you choose. Customer Service: N/A - I haven't had to contact customer service.  Perks: 5 You can get further discounts and free gifts if you join their VIP program, plus they have a decent referral system.

Total Score: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment