Friday, May 24, 2013

POPSUGAR Must Have May 2013


POPSUGAR gives such random stuff in their boxes that it's always a little hit-or-miss, but May 2013 was just pretty awful in my opinion. I'm hoping it'll be better next month..

Box Contents:
Kooringal Giselle Mid Brim Hat - value $28
The Modern Cocktail margarita mix set - value $8
"Questions I Ask When I Want To Talk About Myself" conversation cards by Mindy Kaling - value $15
The Original Beautyblender with Blendercleanser - value $24
Pacifica Natural Color Quench Lip Tint in Guava Berry - value $9
Way Better Snacks - Sweeet Potato tortilla chips - value $1
Total Box Value: $85

They also included $30 off of a purchase at Charm & Chain. While they have some really nice jewelry, most of it is so expensive that $30 doesn't sway me to buy something that I wasn't already planning on buying.

Another "bonus" is a small POPSUGAR bag - similar to the reusable shopping bags that are popular right now (but kind of small for that usage).


I haven't found much of a use for the bag yet, and the hat went straight to my mom - I never wear hats. If you're inclined to wear a hat like this, it is bendable which is nice (if you want to wear it to begin with).


I don't drink much, but I'll probably try the margarita mix samplers out - I like margaritas now and then (just need to get the tequila!) They also included the salt which is a nice touch.


I'm probably not using the Charm & Chain card for the aforementioned reason. I probably won't be using the Beautyblender either. For one, I don't have much use for it, and then I hate the texture of it and don't really want to rub it on my face. (I'm weird about certain textures - for example, velveteen bugs the crap out of me).

One of the only two things in this box that I enjoy is the Pacifica lip tint - it's moisturizing and not a really powerful color. It's perfect to keep in my purse since I can apply it safely without a mirror, unlike lipstick =P 


The other thing I enjoyed were the "Sweeet Potato" chips (is the third "e" intentional or a typo??) However, I could barely taste any sweet potato. They were still very tasty though! I tend to enjoy "sprouted" foods.


Ugh. Sorry to any Mindy Kaling fans out there, but this is the single most annoying thing I've gotten in a POPSUGAR box (and I thought the Green Garmento bag in April was ridiculous). I find conversation cards to be kind of stupid to begin with, and these are each accompanied with a long tangent by Mindy. And these are apparently taken straight out of her book, which makes them even more pointless.


And the titles - ugh. Just ugh.

So, basically out of everything in the box, I only like two things, which were some of the cheaper items. If the June box isn't much better, I may be using my $35 towards another service...

Box Score: 3.3

Read more about POPSUGAR Must Have here!

No comments:

Post a Comment